My Top 10 of 2005
The Salad Family wishes you and yours health and happiness in 2006. I didn't make any resolutions this year, but I did some reflecting on the one just past, and here are the highlights:
1. The long-awaited and much-hyped birth of baby Violet, the most sweet natured, strong willed, good humored, chubby cheeked baby ever.
2. Seeing Wilco at the Greek Theater in Berkeley with both girls (their first rock show!).
3. Seeing Dan Zanes and Friends at Herbst Theater.
4. Preschool! Sweet, sweet preschool. Why dost thou come only twice a week?
5. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince, the best book by J.K. Rowling yet, in my opinion, tying for best book of the year with Until I Find You by John Irving.
6. Get Behind Me Satan, by the White Stripes, a truly original and inspiring album and band.
7. BBC's The Office on DVD - the most brilliant TV show in the history of television, hands down. "Freeee loooove on the free love freeway, the love is free and the freeway's long..."
8. Having a totally potty trained 3 year old. Quite possibly the best of the best of 2005. Changing those dipes were gettin' nast-y.
9. The public beat-down of the O.G. (Original Girlie-Man), a.k.a. The Governator, in November, when every single one of his bullshit initiatives was shot down by the voting citizens of California. Take that, Ah-nold!
10. Blogging - if I'm doin' it, you know everyone else is, too. Bloggers of the world, unite!